Sunday, September 25, 2011

The triple S threat!

The adventure continues... this week was filled with snakes, slugs and scones!  We will start with the snakes, following Dan's first day of work he came home to find me grilling and shortly after our conversation a little grass snake decided to join us.  This didn't go well for Dan as he doesn't care for them much.  Then the next night Dan was busy manicuring part of woodlands so that we have a bit of flat open green space near the house for the kids to play in and another slimy snake decided to visit Dan! 
Onto the slugs, they are huge here!  In fact, I don't think I have ever seen a slug in Wisconsin that comes close to the ones we have here in WA.  When we moved in several weeks ago we found a bright yellow box of 'SLUG DEATH' and laughed.. Now we know why we have it!  You see, our hot tub is back in working order and slugs must like warm moist places the best as they seem to visit the outside of the hot tub cover every day. They range in 2-6 inches in length, they are so slimy that they are shiny!  Lucy is a bit timid around them and Owen runs from them! 
Scones.. YUMMY!!!!  We learned this week that the Fisher Scone to a WA resident is a Cream Puff to a WI resident! They are made from scratch right in front of you by little old ladies (as I am told by Dan) at the state fair) .  Asides from the fact that they taste great, you can only buy them one of two ways... you can either purchase 1 for a $1 or 13 for $13... you are not allowed to say I would like 4 scones! So, we were treated to 13 scones on Friday night for dessert or as Lucy calls it Bessert! 

My parting image for you is when I drove to the store today, I rounded a curve and I saw the beauty of the Olympic Mts ahead of me with the beauty of the trees nearby!  I love the nature here!

'till next time,

jt

No comments:

Post a Comment